Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 22 May 2015

Back to Coombe Wood Gardens

There's always something different to notice - even if it's just a little change from my last visit.

I've never noticed the fine little hairs on these plants before.

Reflections of a delivery lorry parked the other side of the pond - water rippled by the fish coming to the surface. 

Delicious colours of the aquilegia 

I could have easily missed these tiny blue flowers

Good to see the bees but this one looks a bit skinny . . . 

. . . specially compared with this one. (Probably a different species).


Leaf unfolding.

Something new - I've never noticed these before. The leaves are like pine needles and the bright flowers are uncurling a bit like ferns.

Love-in-a-mist buds.

That's new too - these berries didn't have pale centres when I looked at them on my last visit.

Tiny white hydrangea flowers

Tufts of new leaves are growing from the top of each cascade of tiny white bells.

 This area is looking quite tropical. 

 The tiny acer flowers have quickly developed into seeds. 

 Crazy profusion of rhododendrons. 

Wild flowers

Some of the leaves on this little plant have turned red and flowers are forming.

Unusual spurt of growth on an allium


Interesting bud - no idea what it will look like when the flower comes out.

I love the swirls of colour in the purple tulips even if they are nearly at the end of their life.

Thank you very much for joining me. 
.


4 comments:

  1. what fabulous photos as always - love the last one particularly! but all the close ups are fantastic.

    Am just getting ready to go to Kew this morning and the sun is just coming out here, so hopeful it will be a good trip! Things have changed (they've changed all the bedding in front of the Palm House for a start!) since I last went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Hope you had a good time at Kew - not sure the sunshine lasted long - very grey here. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

      Delete
  2. So many various, and gorgeous colours, and I especially like the reflections in the lake, the colours and ripples are amazing, it reminds me of a Monet painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cath. It was a happy accident that I was there at the right time and got several of the reflection photos.

      Delete