Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 17 January 2015

Frosty walk

I wasn't going to go to Coombe Wood this morning, having been there yesterday, but it was a crisp frosty morning and I couldn't resist wrapping up well and going to take some photos.

Magical garden sprinkled with crystals
No frost on these but I love the lacy skeletonised petals
Long crystals on the central vein of this leaf
Frosty moss on corrugated roof
Frost crystals on tiny plant
One thing I love about taking photos is that with the help of a camera I can see things I wouldn't be able to see with the naked eye unless they were very close up - e.g. the frost crystals, the skeletonised hydrangea petals in the second photo and the skeletonised sycamore seed below.
There are so many terrible things going on in the world - I find it refreshing to take a break and search out some of the beauty that's around - it helps me to restore my perspective.

My third Coombe Wood weekly drawing has been done - and I'm also working on daily quick drawings which are related to anything I notice during the day. I'll just give you a glimpse of those for now.


Thank you for joining me on today's little arty journey.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I agree with you Angela, getting out into nature really does feed the soul, especially with all that seems to be going on in our world today. It's the simple things, when we take the time to look closely that are by far the best! Thank you for sharing your insights.

    ReplyDelete