Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 3 January 2015

CLEARING THE DECKS
Poppy blanket

All previous attempts at crochet have been dismal failures but this November I wanted to crochet a poppy for Remembrance Day. After several disasters I asked my daughter (a competent crocheter) for her help and succeeded in making a respectable poppy. I decided to try and crochet a square with the leftover red, green and black wool. The square grew and grew till I ran out of wool. I bought another ball of red and one of green and remembered buying several balls of black wool many years ago but never getting round to using it - so they were used up too. Having made the blanket in the poppy colours I have added some poppies onto the corners of the border. Yesterday evening I made little green leaves and finished stitching them on this afternoon. It's really lovely to snuggle into on a chilly evening! I found crochet quite therapeutic - I'll definitely be making something else!


2 comments:

  1. I really envy you your crochet skills Angela, I may be asking you for a lesson or two! Your poppy blanket looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Cath. I can only do very basic stitches at the moment - I need to learn some more! I'll be having a bit of a rest from crochet to do other arty things before starting a new crochet project.

    ReplyDelete