Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 14 June 2019

Coombe Wood walk Tuesday. Part 4: Mainly close ups

Far too many photos bearing in mind this is part 4 of one walk on a Tuesday morning! (Mainly close ups.)

White pollen sacs on this bee - they vary in colour depending on what plants the bees are feasting on. Sometimes the pollen sacs are white, and through various shades of  beige, and yellows to quite dark orange.

 Purple anthers. I always think of anthers being yellow.

 Very wet! 

I love these. Look at the crazy middle and those delicate purple streaks radiating out from the centre onto the pale petals. (And the raindrops!)

Some of the bees were collecting pollen, some were drinking from water droplets.

I think this is a cluster of thalictrum buds

These tiny pinky white flowers look so much more wonderful close up. And bees are so furry!

I only realised afterwards that I'd caught two oedemera beetles in this photo. The one with swollen thighs is a male - I didn't know this - I looked it up!

 Foxglove

Not a close up but I had to include this splash of bright red which took me by surprise as I came round the corner.

Rhododendron anthers. 

Velvety lilac flowers on the tall foxglove tree. 

Little tree covered in plumes of blossom - probably not the right word - don't plumes go upwards? These go down. 


Spindle-berries forming. 

Cornus


I like the contrast where the red acer overlaps the creamy cornus bracts.

Perhaps these are more like plumes - squiggly ones!  


Peonies bowed down by the rain. 


Lavender


Catmint.


The stems bob as the bees land and take off. 


 Delicate lines and shading on this tall-stemmed but tiny flowered iris.

Foxglove leaning.

Yello rattle in the wildflower area.

Tiny red flowers 



More love in a mist - gorgeous! 


Some lovely colour and texture combinations



Love this deep purple flower! 


Jerusalem sage - very strange! The petals look as if they have been forced out of the starry shaped holes. 

 And a final love in a mist flower. 

You have made it! Well done and thank you very much for joining me. 

1 comment:

  1. still working out of order... stunning pics.. back to part 3 now!

    ReplyDelete