Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Thursday 13 June 2019

Coombe Wood walk Tuesday. Part 1: A broader view

It was good to go out for a walk on Tuesday morning after the torrential rain on Monday. I took loads of photos so I'm splitting them into parts.

Part 1: a broader view (because I often zoom in on the detail and miss the wider picture).

The pond,

The plants are all growing very quickly here.


The torrential rain had flowed down the pathways wahing ridges of pine needles into patterns.


On the steeper slopes rivers of water had carved out trails.

This part is usually like an arch at this time of year but the heavy rain had battered everything and made some of the plants bow low.


Wonderful contrasting textures and different shades of green.

Drifts of purple along the herbaceous borders.

And little echoes of purple splashed along (big alliums). 

The gardener had been planting sunflowers and abutilons. He was going to fill his water bottle.
  

Thank you very much for joining me. There's more to come in part 2. 

2 comments:

  1. now, if it were me, I'd have lumped them all into one... (as we know!) but i do like the broader views from part 1! hope it wasn't too muddy and slippery after all that rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprisingly unmuddy!

      I thought I'd try this method to see if it's helpful. I did take over 500 photos in one morning. It's been hard choosing which ones not to include.

      Delete