Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 12 October 2018

Breezy Friday morning walk (Coombe Wood)

What a beautiful morning for a walk. The sun was popping in and out between the clouds and there was a lovely warm breeze but that did make photography a little more challenging as most of my subjects were swaying about. 

Cyclamen still going strong.

The gardener has worked really hard - getting the flowerbeds ready for the next lot of plants.

The food delivery lorry arrived creating colourful reflections.

Drifts of similar colours in the prairie beds. 


A little splash of red. 


This tree is so much smaller this year because a lot of dead wood has been cut out leaving two stumps and a couple of small branches.

Golden Rain Tree from a distance. 

Banana tree again - the big flowers fascinate me. 


Funny little bananas. 

I was being showered with small leaves and seeds from a birch tree while I was admiring this autumnal scene. I'm not sure if I've got rid of them all yet!

This is all that's left on the Candyfloss tree now - a few flecks of red but.....


.....wow the scent of candyfloss from the fallen leaves was incredibly strong this morning. 

Cosmos from above - showing all those buds waiting to bloom, if they can manage it before they get battered by wind and rain.

Now for some more bookbinding. I'm making Japanese bindings using prints that I've made in the past (etchings, screen prints, woodcuts etc.) for the covers and cartridge paper or watercolour paper for the pages. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 


2 comments:

  1. I can quite believe how many leaves were swirling about, it was so windy today. Fabulous colours still though. Your Japanese bindings look great, as well.

    ReplyDelete