Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 10 December 2016

Friday morning short walk (Coombe Wood)

A SHORT WALK

The huge gunnera has flattened to the ground, apart from a couple of big rough surfaced leaves which have caught on the railings.

The pond is really clear apart from a collection of duckweed and algae around one side.


The plants I thought might never recover from the frost - perfectly recovered.


 Reflections of bare willow branches in the rippling water.

Berries - like oval beads.

Round red berries.

More red - red leaves. 

One of the last trees to change colour. Just a few leaves have fallen.


 Looking closer at the crinkly grass. 

A breeze made these leaves flick which attracted my attention. I don't remember noticing this plant before.

Korean pine cone beginning to disintegrate and disperse its seeds.

One of the smaller acers has lost all its leaves revealing red stems.

The tree that had enormous lime green leaves is bare now and now that all the leaves are gone I could see clusters of berries (I think that's what they are anyway) on the ends of the branches.


 A small stump with a new shoot growing from it. 

Very long spikes hiding under the leaves. 

 Hydrangea flower skeletons


 More thorns under these leaves.

Dark oval bead-like berries by the pond. 


A last look at the pond before heading back to the car. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 

4 comments:

  1. I particularly love the skeletal hydrangea petals, and the pond reflections Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cath. The skeletonised hydrangea petals fascinate me. Barely noticeable - you have to really look for them.

      Delete
  2. gorgeous as ever - my favourites today are the hydrangea leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. They fascinate me. I don't know of any other flowers that stay on the plant and turn into skeletons.

      Delete