Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Thursday 5 March 2015

COOMBE WOOD - A WALK IN THE SUN

Frost melting
New shoots
The lily-of-the-valley-scent of the Mahonia flowers once again stopped me in my tracks. I stood and breathed deeply and enjoyed the moment while a pair of robins sang to each other nearby.
Close up of Mahonia flowers
Magnolia buds
Snowdrops dancing in the breeze
Crocuses shining like purple silk in the sun
Hydrangea buds developing fast
Sweet scented shrub - I still don't know what it is
The flowers on this mystery shrub are so tiny but the air is filled with their perfume and as I turn the corner near them I often catch their scent before I remember they're there.
First signs of the tulips
Light shimmering on the pond behind an old flower head 
Whispy bullrush seeds 
Tiny fragile moss with red stems and little green tops

Thank you for joining me



No comments:

Post a Comment