Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 9 August 2019

Selsdon Wood walk - Thursday morning

I enjoyed a lovely long walk with my neighbour yesterday morning.

A thick carpet of these seeds lay under this tree. 

Lovely fields. 

Scabius

The flies liked this yellow plant. 

We stopped to talk to quite a few people with dogs as we walked (and enjoyed stroking the dogs if they came up to us).

I like the patterns created by the mown areas and the areas that have been left.


This was my favourite dog that we met although it has to be said there were a lot of very close seconds!

Cool shaded pathways. 

We also popped to see the work of the bark beetles that my daughter had shown me as my neighbour hadn't seen them before. Naural grafitti.

I've looked up bark beetles online. I wanted to know what they look like. They're less than 6cms, black or brown and can bite humans - they have to have strong jaws to do this to wood! I'm glad we didn't have contact with any!



I think this looks like butterflies. 


Thank you very much for joining me. 



2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of bark beetles, and am glad they weren't around when you saw their artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were actually looking for them - before we realised they bite!

      Delete