Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 24 August 2019

Lovely long walk with my neighbour. (Thursday)

A beautiful sunny day with many butterflies flitting to and fro but rarely settling. I only managed a partial view of this red admiral but I like the shadows through the leaf.

Wild clematis seeds (I think). 

We followed a trail that horses had been along. 


Wild clematis is otherwise known as Old Man's Beard or Traveller's Joy - it certainly gives this traveller joy! I love the shimmery look of the seed heads catching the sunlight.


Peeping over the hedge to the golf course, where later on we spotted my neighbour's neighbour on his golf buggy far in the distance.

These little beauties were dotted along the side of the path. 

More shimmering fluffiness. 

Shiny berries.

Unfortunately the ground was so muddy and churned up at one stage that we had to turn back, abandon the path, go through a gap in the fence and walk up the side of the golf course - which always makes me a little nervous in spite of the fact that the last time we were there the staff in the restaurant said it was fine! 

We eventually arrived at the restaurant and had a lovely cuppa and relaxed chat before heading back home again.

What amazing structure these are! 

The golf course with swathes of wild flowers. 




I wish I'd seen these before most of the flowers had dropped off - but they still look amazing - a pale purple hazy halo over the leafy plants - well above our head height. 


Back to the beginning of the narrow path we had walked up on, having come down the side of the golf course avoiding the muddy path.

We walked through the woods, including a road or two and a couple of alleyways. I couldn't resist a photo of these amazing fuchsias - what a stunning colour and so frilly!

When we were almost home I stopped to look at some more wild clematis seed heads. I accidentally knocked the settings button and took a photo before realising. Woops - it was on "Random effects" and some are very random - they have been deleted but I quite liked these two.



Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. oops, nearly missed this, saw it come up at the time. Love the wildflowers, and especially the clematis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I've got one of yours to catch up with too.

      Delete