Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Thursday 22 November 2018

What a change! (Coombe Wood - Thursday morning)

After a lovely run of mild November days with just a few chillier days, this morning was cold and frosty.

As I arrived I could hear a machine in the background. At first I thought it was the leaf blower but caught sight of the gardener in the distance with a long handled cutting tool. He was working in the herbaceous border.

The pond was extremely clear. I could see the willow leaves that have sunk to the bottom.

Little burnt orange acer by the pond.....it was a bright fiery orange cascade not long ago. 

Frosty prairie beds. 

It always surprises me to see buds at this time of year! I imagine buds to be a spring thing.

There were still patches of frost on the grass as I walked towards the woods....

...past this colourful corner.

I love the patterns on these leaves. The flowers were upright last time I saw them - now every one of thems is dangling down, affected by the frost.

A few lower leaves left on this tree - the rest carpeting the ground.

The taller acer is bare - this little red one underneath has a few leaves left.

The gardener has obviously been very busy with the leaf blower and not just on the main pathways. He has cleared a lot of the smaller paths too.


The Witch Hazel trees still has some leaves. 

A little futher along - a wonderful mix of fallen leaves.

Very orange! 

 The spindleberries are at their best at the moment. 

Wheelbarrow 


The gardener has been working in the herbaceous border cutting down all of the plants that have finished now.

Frosty plants further along.




The gardener has cleared most of the fallen leaves from the grass - just a few freshly fallen leaves remain.

Passing the wheelbarrow again from the other side.

Hops. 

Back to the pond. 


Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, love the frosty plants! I do hope you wrapped up warmly today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Only just found your comment.
      Yes - adding layers as the temperature drops!

      Delete