Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Thursday 8 November 2018

Sunny walk (Coombe Wood)

Another sunny and surprisingly warm walk! What a lovely bonus.

The gardener was planting bulbs  in all the gaps between the plants that he's put in recently.

Bulbs laid out ready for planting. 


As I passed the pond I must have disturbed some fish that had been basking near the surface - they left little ripples which spread and criss crossed across the pond.

Sunlit tree. 

Some of the pods on the golden rain tree have lost sections of their papery sides revealing more of the shiny seeds.


Looking closer at the tree that was lit up in the distance by the sun.


 Liquid amber tree

A little group of leaves under the tree. 

Lovely blue sky 

This red acer was covered in leaves a few days ago - now over half of them are on the ground underneath.


The big acer has gone a deeper orange. The little darker one looks as if it is shelterning underneath.


It was around this point that I decided to collect coloured leaves. I'd had an idea about arranging and photographing them but it was too breezy and they would have blown away so I brought them home with me instead - to do something else with. 

Back to the entrance.


Home again. The big leaf is 47x47cms. 

Gorgeous colours! I will be doing something else with these later. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment