Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition, Natural History Museum

Today I had a very nice treat. I went to Natural History Museum to see Wildlife Photographer of the year exhibition with a friend. It's a fabulous exhibition very absorbing and inspiring. No photography allowed in the exhibition but there's info and a YouTube clip here. which shows quite a few of the photos.

We had just a little look around afterwards. It's so long since I last went to the Natural History Museum - I don't remember any of the amazing architecture or the incredible large skeletons.


Beautiful natural patterns in rock


Darwin sitting at the top of a staircase 

View of the whale (Dippy is still travelling)

Macaws - I'm not a fan of taxidermy but these looked incredibly natural.


Whale from even higher up. 

Stark bones against pretty windows.

Amazing ceiling panels. 

Rows of columns - extravagant decoration 

Close up of huge ancient sequoia slice 


It's an incredible building with multicoloured bricks and carved animals everywhere. I was fascinated by it.




 Many of them peering down at us. 

A really lovely day. Thank you very much to my friend for taking me.

And thank you for joining me.  

2 comments:

  1. No wonder you didn't have the energy to keep running upstairs to capture the sunset. What a gorgeous day to visit the NHM. I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've been before a long time ago but I remember nothing about it - it obviously didn't inspire me much then. Now I feel very different!

    ReplyDelete