Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Monday 7 May 2018

Extra awareness of light - Coombe Wood

A beautiful Bank Holiday Monday and I grabbed the opportunity of an early morning walk (which lasted longer than intended!)

As I got out of the car I noticed the gorgeous copper beech tree.

A patch of sun lit up some of the lower leaves.

Tiny seeds floating in the light breeze caught on uncurling leaves.

Leaves like swords lit up by the sun. 

Tulips - still beautiful as they begin to fade. 

 Seed caught on twirly tulip stigma. 



Ferns.

Different ferns - these remind me of seaweed. 

 Sunlight through tulips. 





 Fern coils like shells



Small shrub now covered in blue. 

Looking closer at the tiny flowers.

 Acer flowers 

 The alliums have come out. 


Judas tree gorgeous against the blue sky. 

Blossom that looked like tiny socks, now opening up.


Rust-coloured low growing mounds of leaves with fluffy flowers.

Korean pine cones in the sun. 

Peachy orange. 

Pink. 

Lily of the valley

 Patch of light through acer leaves. 

All the pink pieris leaves have turned pale green. 

White

Pink again - love the dark buds against the soft pink flowers. 

Azaleas - beautifully scented. 

A cascade of huge white blooms with crinkly edges.


More yellow azaleas. 


Pale acer leaves.

 Assorted colours. 

 Tall blooms

Like a busy airport with so many bees coming in to land on the top flower.



Bright colour popping against the lime green leaves in the background

More different fern leaves. 

Butterfly. 

Pinky purple magnolias with red rusty acer leaves behind.

Some of the tiny flowers are changing into winged seeds - barely visible yet.


Dappled shade under beech tree. 

After the project on birds that we did in our art group I still find I want to take photos of birds - I like this big one on the bleached branch against the clear blue sky.

These are the flowers that come from the tiny little buds that had water droplets on them like hundreds of diamonds, on a previous visit.


Pure white petals and unruly yellow stamens

Spindleberry flower buds.

Leaves bright in the sun. 


One of the very big alliums getting ready to dazzle.

Blossom falling - bees still busy. 


Another patch of alliums not as far on as the earlier lot.

Back to the tulips. 





and the sun was now fully on the copper beech tree.
I forgot to take my little radio with me (I usually have just one earphone in so I can still hear the birds) For almost all of my walk I had just one song going roung in my head - "So will I"  Link here if you'd like to listen to it

Thank you very much for joining me. 


2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous walk you had! so many fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was amazing - such lovely light and colours.

      Delete