Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Sunny walk (Coombe Wood)

As I had been for a walk in Coombe Wood yesterday I decided to take a different route today beginning at the overflow car park over the road.

Bright yellow gorse flowers

Reflections on the pond.

Blue sky.

Sunlit mahonia leaves and flowers. 

 Grasses

 ...like fireworks

Snowdrops

A cascade of buds shimmered in the sunlight.

I made my way up the hill to the top 


and came down a gentler route - not the steps. 

Once again delicious scents filled the air. 


The gardener was busy cutting things down in the herbaceous border.

Fluffy magnolia buds. 

Sunlit beech nut shells - crunchy underfoot.

Gardener progressing along the border.

Strange new shoots showing. 

 Euphorbia

Water droplets like diamonds.

Back to the car and I noticed catkins. 


Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. the grasses are incredible in the sunshine! gorgeous photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. I was very lucky with the timing of that sunshine on the grasses - when I passed them on the way back the sun had moved round and they just looked grey.

      Delete