Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Monday 18 September 2017

With friends at Coombe Wood - Monday.

A friend and I enjoyed a walk together - managed to miss the rain. I didn't take as many photos as usual because we were busy chatting!

The carpet of cyclamens behind the fence next to the car park.

I like the patterns that the broken mesh makes

Deep red berries. 

Huge leaves, catching fallen pine needles. 

My friend noticed a pine cone among the pine needles.

More pine needles looked as if they were floating - caught in spiders webs.

The feather that I photographed last time was still trapped on the shrub but looking much more bedraggled.

Even though this little flower is fading the colour is stunning. 

Another feather with several water droplets sitting on it.

Very dark berries. 

Yew berries

Strawberry tree berries - and some flowers (just off centre to the right and half way up the top right quarter.)

Japanese Anemone middle

Wonderfully colourful leaves and berries. The gardener told me what this plant is called last time I was there and I wrote it down but forgot to include it - it's a Phytolacca americana (American Pokeweed!)



I don't even remember taking this photo - the tree is the spindle berry tree which is covered in green berries (?) - not ready to open and let their spindles down yet.

Whereas the different version around the corner is dropping its spindles. What incredible colours they are.

This bee's wings caught the light. (It has pollen grains on it's right wing tip.)

Seeing through each layer of plants to the next

Arching grasses. 

We met a friend - and the three of us had a lovely lunch together in the Coach House cafe. I really like this light that sits on a dresser in the corner.

Looking closer at the light.

Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. such gorgeous colours still! I love the anemone middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen - yes the anemone middle is such an incredible structure when examined close up!

      Delete