Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 8 September 2017

Tuesday afternoon walk with a friend. (Coombe Wood)


Looking over a huge gunnera leaf across the pond on my way in. The fallen willow branch is still in the pond.


Fish were congregating near the edge of the pond.

What a mouth!

Looking across the pond from the other side. 

I sat on a rock near the pond and waited for my friend to arrive - no energy for a walk beforehand so I contented myself with some photos taken on zoom.

I love this colour combination. 

Soft grasses with bright antirrhinums 

Bee in fuchsia making the stem bob about. 

Just outside the cafe where my friend and I had a drink the hanging baskets were spilling over with colour.

Look at these fabulous veins!

My friend noticed these tiny blue flowers. 

There was light rain by now but I had an umbrella big enough to share and we had a good walk. We stopped briefly to sit on a bench under a tree until the breeze dislodged quite a bit of water from the leaves.

Pink sedums

 Tall fluffy tree-shaped (or cauliflower shaped?) flowers. 

Big bright flower

Iris plants 

Lovely stripes

The green pumpkin-like seeds are turning red - both stages can be seen on this cluster.

Hops and some fluffy support strings. 


Nasturtium - gorgeous orangey yellow. 

Pretty pink rose. 

I got nearer for a close up and spotted a passenger!

Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the soft pinks today, they don't seem in keeping with the season, but are gorgeous! the shot of the fish with his mouth wide open in fabulous.

    ReplyDelete