Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 31 October 2015

Very quick arty update

DAILY MINI DRAWINGS

October drawings 
Ten months done - two months to go

RUST AND TEA DYEING UPDATE

Over the last few days the rest of my rust and tea dyed bundles from the workshop I did last weekend have dried and been unwrapped, along with a couple more that I have done during the week. There's one more still drying. Now to think what to do with them!

This one was wrapped during the week - I undid it this afternoon

I like the lines left by the thread that was tied around it to hold everything in place

When I started to unwrap it I thought it was one wide strip of silk fabric - I'd completely forgotten that I had cut the fabric into four - a lovely surprise to find these delicate crinkly narrow strips

SNAKE GOURD UPDATE

For anyone who has been following my blog for some time, the snake gourd that looked like a little bean has grown considerably. 

In spite of the huge number of amazing flowers that the plants produced on the three plants only one snake gourd has formed. This plant was the one that I thought wouldn't survive because I accidentally damaged the stem quite severely when transplanting it into a bigger pot. I taped the stem together and hoped it would survive. The others were put outside as on the instructions and were eaten by slugs or snails - but this taped together plant was kept indoors and was the only one to produce a snake gourd! 

I told you it was a very quick update - I bet you didn't believe me after the last one! Thank you very much for joining me

2 comments:

  1. Exciting results on the rusting Angela, and your daily drawings are going to make such a wonderful piece of art, looking forward to seeing it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Cath. The fabric rust dyeing has been a lot more successful than the paper ones this time. I'm wondering how to display 365 mini drawings - any suggestions gratefully received

      Delete