Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 25 May 2019

Two wild orchid hunting walks and random stuff in between.

Monday morning. My neighbour and I went for a walk in the woods in search of the wild orchids which the man from Friends of Selsdon Wood had kindly marked on a map for us and given detailed instructions for.

Gorgeous Horse Chestnut flowers with their tutti frutti colours.

Mossy branches.

Some very poor photos of the orchids. 


I even tried this one against the map to see if I could get a better photo.

Something else that wasn't an orchid but is quite pretty. 

This is the random stuff in the middle - more chestniut flowers. These were outside Sainsburys and had more lemon and pink on them.



Chives and the beginning of the love-in-a-mist in a tub in our garden. The chive flowers are so pretty and apparently they are edible. 

Continuing Tuesday morning and back to the woods on an orchid hunt with my neighbour and my daughter who is much better at following maps and helped us find the orchids that the Friends of Selsdon Wood man had marked on the map.

The light through the trees was lovely. 

The remains of the bluebells. 

Another blurry orchid! 

Fern in the sun.

Patterns caused by interlocking leaves. 

Several orchids from a distance - it was a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

Light through the trees. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 


2 comments:

  1. I never knew Selsdon woods were so extensive! that last photo of the light through the trees is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Sorry - I'm just finding all sorts of comments you have made which I haven't acknowledged - because I didn't know they were there.

      Delete