Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 20 April 2019

Minehead (Spring Harvest) and Selsdon Wood (walk with my neighbour)

Minehead for Spring Harvest - "Unlimited:When you pray". A multidenominational Christian Event that takes place during the Easter school holidays at Butlins with lots of things to go to (or not - as you wish) various meetings and seminars, this year on the theme of prayer, time to be together as a family or church - whoever you go with....facilities to enjoy, beach nearby. The BBC was filming at two of our evening meetings and we were told that Songs of Praise from Minehead will be on TV on the 12th of May.

The journey there - a beautiful day - beautiful countryside.




First morning.View from my bedroom.

Visitors at breakfast time.

Lots of quacking - I'm glad they didn't come in! 

A seagull visited several times and knocked on the window.

Fountain outside the swimming pool. 

I enjoyed a blustery walk along the beach to the end of the harbour.



Patterns in the sand (tyre tracks)

Looking back to where I had walked from - our chalet was about 12 minutes walk behind the Skyline tent structure just off centre.




I decided to challenge myself and climbed up the steps. It was windy and I hate heights especially if there is nothing at the side between me and the ground below (even when clinging to the hand rail!)



This little boat was bobbing up and down.

Waves crashed against it and water splashed into the boat. 

I got a bit carried away with photographing rope and rusty chains. (Just a few of them are included here.)




Two pigeons - I didn't expect to see pigeons there (not very nautical) - where are all the seagulls?

A sculpture of hands holding a map of the South West Coast Path.





 Sun trying to break through. (Lovely big skies.)

Fountain outside the swimming pool at dusk.

A bit later on with the flash. (How to confuse a camera! Fast moving water at night with light on in a building behind it.)

A different night - a misty moon. 


I was interested to see what plants thrive in the Butlins resort in that coastal area. No idea what most of them are. 



I do know this is a hebe - the leaves were actually very dark and the flowers were a much deeper colour.


These were quite strongly scented. 


Monkey Puzzle tree close up. (Looking at patterns again.) 

Very bright lichen - like craters on the moon. 

Most of our group went to the beach together one afternoon and played games, dug holes, etc. I paddled briefly and sat on a rock taking photos.


 The harbour I had walked to the other day was covered in a light sea mist.

The journey home - another lovely day - gorgeous views on the way. (Misty countryside.)




SELSDON  WOOD - a walk with my neighbour (Friday)

So much new growth. 







Wood anemones and tree shadows.



 ....and bluebells.




Thank you very much for joining me. Happy Easter. 

2 comments:

  1. tried to comment from my phone but it's signed me out of google but it was a pleasure to come to the computer and enjoy the photos in a decent size, lol. Love the beach shots, the rope and chains, the scary steps (well done!) and the boats bobbing about. the fountain is lovely; but I think my favourite are the hands holding the map! I saw bluebells at Kew yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete