Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Thursday 21 June 2018

More about my Cornwall trip - Wednesday 6th

A misty morning. 

A steep climb up the hill to the tin mine and back before breakfast.

Looking down at the Cape Cornwall lookout station (coastguard's hut) from the top.

Walking round the base of the tin mine "chimney" - holding on tight - I felt decidedly unsafe up there.


Looking down at a little ruined chapel. Later found out that it was St Helen's Oratory - and made up my mind to go for a closer look during the week away.

On my way down (very slowly!) - looking back.

Across to the bay the other side of the Cape. 

 Bright foxgloves

Following the pathway down next to the wall - wondering how far it was to walk down to the sea that side.

 Various coastal plants peeping out of crevices in the wall. 




Yellow snail

All sorts of plants I don't recognise. 

White lichen. 

Getting hungry - returning for breakfast. 


Some more plats on my way back. 



Down to the beach, past the fishing boats. 

Fisherman setting off in a pedal boat! 

 Rock patterns.

Fisherman sorting out his catch. The gulls congregated hopefully.



He gutted the fish on the slipway and threw the unwanted bits to the gulls.






Later on we went to the Jackson Foundation Gallery where we saw some very interesting artwork by Denzil Forrester and Kurt Jackson. If you want to find out more there is info on the  Jackson Foundation website

As we were leaving I noticed some doors - I really liked the colours and the rust stains etc.


When we got back to the cottage I noticed that the fisherman had just come in again. I watched him unloading his catch.



Up to the lookout station (coastguard's hut) again in the evening

 a delicate pink sunset. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 
....more to come! 

1 comment:

  1. that hill up to the mine really is very steep! More gorgeous photos, and that subtle pink sunset is lovely!

    ReplyDelete