Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Monday 26 February 2018

Snowy walk (Coombe Wood)

There was a light snowfall this morning. On my way to Coombe Wood I made a slight detour and was surprised to see blue sky and blossom as l was getting out of the car in the supermarket carpark

Arriving at Coombe Wood it was snowing again. The breeze was whipping clouds of powdery snow from the trees into swirling flurries. The icy pond had little narrow clear channels creating interesting reflections.

Individual snowflakes were visible on some of the tiny plants.

Primulas peeping above a blanket of snow. 

There's something delightful about walking in fresh snow, empty of footprints - however deep it is. Here it was like a generous sifting of icing sugar.

Ferns bowed down with snow. 

Primroses.

 Crocus.

Mahonias hiding. 

Daffodils.

I had to take this one - I thought of my cousin and her friend who love to take tall shadow selfies.

I didn't even notice all those red berries in the background while taking photos of the palm leaves covered in snow.

Snowy Korean Pine with cones.

Looking up the hill - I wasn't even going to try going up there today!


 Snowy Witch Hazel 

The white path made the all the colours along the edge stand out more.

Tracks (a family with a pushchair) along the wide lawn.

Stunning red berries vibrant against the snow.

Heather

Suddenly heavy snow fell again - big flakes that brush against your face like soft feathers.

Ivy seed heads. 

Looking across the raised flower bed towards the sundial and yew arch.

A splash of orange petals above the snow. 

 Snowy Euphorbia. 

Purple pansies. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. oh I am so jealous! I would have loved to been at Kew today... no doubt by the weekend there will either be too much to get there (train disruption) or none left.... Love the shadow selfie - but I warn you, it's addictive!! Great photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. I hope you get to Kew and there is some snow for you.

      Delete