Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Thursday 15 February 2018

A sunny Thursday afternoon walk (Coombe Wood)

A lovely bright afternoon and not quite so cold.

Blue sky and clouds reflected in the pond. 

Daffodils emerging. 

Snowdrops

Daphne flowers - what an amazing scent these were producing today.

More snowdrops

Mossy stump

One of the things I like about being so familiar with Coombe Wood is that I recognise plants more often and know what is coming next. This plant is covered in dead leaves at the moment but soon the leaves will fall and bursts of burgundy witch hazel flowers will emerge. I can't remember when and I don't want to miss them so I check on the way past each time I'm there.

Blue sky

Pods or buds? I think they're  buds and there will be lilac coloured flowers that are trumpet shaped. 

The yellow witch hazel is still looking and smelling good.

Furry buds in the sunshine - they look as if they have halos around them.



Tiny red buds lit up by the sun. 

Evidence that the gardener has been at work spreading mulch on the prairie beds.

Red, sunlit leaves trapped in the prongs of the rake.

The gardener returned with a wheelbarrow load of mulch.

The snowdrops among the grass by the path are looking really good but children were running across the grass and treading on them. The gardener kept stopping to ask the children to be careful of the flowers - parents sitting on benches unaware or ignoring what their children were doing.

Euphorbias opening.

I love the zing that lime green against the deep blue sky!

Leaves lit up by the sun. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 

1 comment:

  1. It always annoys me that parents don't seem to care what the kids do. I'm always muttering keep off the plants! Great pics

    ReplyDelete