Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Monday 13 November 2017

What a beautiful morning for a Coombe Wood walk

It was sunny but cold particularly in the shade. A light layer of frost was still on some of the plants


Blue sky reflected in the pond. 

As I looked at the reflections of the railings I noticed that reflections aren't always an exact mirror image. This is not how I would have drawn them if I had tried to draw railings reflected in a pond from memory!

Figs.

Sunlit red leaves. 

 Wonderful acer colours.

I doubt if many people know the grapes are up there. I can't see them without the help of the zoom lens,. The sun made some of them look like wonderful red stained glass - how dark the others are.

A robin flitted along just ahead of me for a while, settling briefly before taking off again, hopping through branches, fluttering down onto rocks before flying up high into a tree.

Golden leaves. 

 Frosty sedum seed heads. 

Silver birch bark and red acer in the background. Far more acer leaves underneath it than are left on it now.

Big leaf tinged pink around the edges. 

Strange flowers. 

The banana plants have been wrapped with their protective clothing.

Most of the callicarpa leaves have fallen off now revealing the full glory of those purple pearl-like berries.

Now I get completely carried away with autumn leaves . . .









These were such a bright lime green just a short while ago but they have now drained of most of their colour.




These look like castor oil plants but I didn't think they flowered at this time of year. It will be interesting to see what emerges from those buds.

Sunlit leaves. 


Frost on tiny plants around the edge of one of the flower beds near the entrance.

Thank you very much for joining me.

2 comments:

  1. what a glorious collection of photos! it was very cold this morning, so I hope you were well wrapped up! Love the bunches of grapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh yes I was very well wrapped up - it was quite nippy! Aren't the grapes amazing!

      Delete