Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Monday 9 October 2017

More Autumn colours (Coombe Wood)


Mushrooms. 


Grapes.

Still colourful in the prairie beds.

One of the cats accompanied me along the pathways.

It doesn't matter how many times I see these I am always surprised at this crazy pink. 

Most of the brittle disintegrating papery honesty pockets are empty of their seeds now.

Wonderful fluffy seeds. 

Blue flowers. 

These flowers look white from above but from the side you can see the pink tinged edges to the petals.

So many leaves changing colour now. 


I was able to make it up the slope to the top of the woods this morning. It's quite a while since I've been able to manage that slope for several reasons including balance problems because of Labyrinthitis. It felt like quite an achievement. 


I wasn't able to manage the steps down though (no handrail - vertigo sets in!) so I came down a long slope instead.

Orange leaves dotted throughout the green. 


Unexpected glimpses of a late pink weigela flower.

More colourful leaves. 

Salmon pink flowers with neat stripes. 

No idea what this is - could just be some fluff or it might be the cocoon of a moth?

Colourful flowers in the herbaceous border. 





Salvia "Hot lips"

I don't think I've ever had a really close look at these. They look like little birds with curly beaks.





Leaves - such a wide range of colours. 

Squirrel.

Crocosmia seeds. 

My favourite autumn leaves so far. 

Primulas still flowering. 

 These tiny orange flowers remind me of a shoal of little fish with their dark eyes and open mouths.

Deep purple salvias among the love-in-a-mist pods etc.

Deep pink salvias. 

The nasturtiums were bobbing up and down as bees  made very quick visits to the bright flowers. 

The bees were in and out really fast - gone before I could photograph them. 

Some of the nasturtiums have beautiful markings.

Looking closer. 

Berries

 I got a bit carried away looking at the colourful vine leaves - such variety . . .


The sun came out as I was making my way to the gate illuminating the leafy ferns at the edge of one of the empty flower beds.

And wonderful blue sky just as I was leaving! 

Thank you very much for joining me. 

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful walk you had today! fantastic colours still, too. I can just feel the crunch of the leaves under my feet through the trees down that slope!

    ReplyDelete