Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Sunday 23 April 2017

Sunday morning walk across the park

One of the challenges of having had eye surgery (apart from all the eye drops) is that I'm not able to drive for quite a while - probably months. I really appreciate my little car and I'm so used to being able to pop out in it but now every excursion relies on a lift or is on foot or public transport and it all takes careful planning.

There are bonuses though. I'm seeing things that I would normally zoom past.

On Tuesday my daughter drove me to the supermarket and helped me with the food shopping and as we passed Ashburton Park I noticed a long white fence around the main gates. This morning as I walked to church I was able to get a closer look.

First I had to pause to photograph the pink hoarding around the old library. I love way the vibrant pink panels peep between the tree trunks.


The trees create shadowy lacy patterns on the pink boards. 

I wish I'd taken a photo of the outside of the white panels around the gate on my way but I was distracted by the discovery that my camera lens fitted between the panels at many of the joins and I could therefore get a good look at what was inside. A rather large area has been fenced off for what has been described by the council as "the construction of larger main gates."

This is only part of the area which has been fenced off.

 There are several stacks of building materials. 


Previously I said I thought the area that had been fenced off was rather large - actually it seems unnecessarily enormous. It made me wonder if they were planning something other than just enlarging the gates.

Another photo inside the fence (lens through the gap between two panels.

Building materials. 

Walking back from church I remembered to take a photo from the outside . . .

. . . before taking more of the inside through the gaps. It really is quite a huge area that has been contained by the long meandering white fence.

More stacks of building materials. 

A bit of a trench on the left. 

Some of the wall by the gate has been knocked down and some of the green railings have been knocked down.

Trench.


I can't help wondering why they need all these stacks of fancy bricks if as the council says "the removed wall will be reused in the new reconstruction." It's all a mystery.

Thank you very much for joining me. 


2 comments:

  1. Those panels are very pink! Wonder what's going on behind the fencing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Behind he pink panels they're working on the old library.

      Delete