Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 3 May 2019

Thursday - and Coombe Wood again

I never get tired of Coombe Wood - the enjoyment gets richer and richer every time I visit - every time there's something different to be amazed by - and it's great to share it with friends who appreciate it too.

A friend and I headed there yesterday. Tulips still looking splendid.





Butterfly on ceanothus.

Bluebells in the sunshine.


Acer

Alliums and honesty and there's the tree I wondered if it had been pruned too harshly (not really I know the gardener knows what he's doing!) - we'll have a closer look later.

Judas tree.

Massively full pollen sacs on this bee. 

Liquid amber tree beginning to get its leaves. 

And back to the heavily pruned tree and here's the new growth  - this has appeared since Monday.

Little silvery leaves and tiny blue flowers. Brunnera (macrophilia?)

My friend spotted a new little pine cone forming on the Korean Pine tree. (Fabulous pattern!)

Orange azalea/rhododendron (???) Funny - I don't like the shade of orange of berberis flowers - they look dirty to me - but I love these.

Beautiful! 

The scent up here was amazing - a delicious honeysuckle - lily of the valley sort of smell coming from the yellow azaleas.




Australian pine - double leaves - very geometric.


And centre stems that look braided to me. 

Still more magnolias - these looked lovely in the sunshine. 

Huge clusters of winged seeds hanging down like bunches of grapes.


Tiny pink blossom. 

Gardener busy. (Earlier I heard the mower in the distance.)

Honesty. This caught my attention - the group in the foreground was in shade while the swathe further back was in the sun - I liked the colour contrasts. And that ceanothus behind the bench - looks completely blue.




We enjoyed a cuppa in the coachhouse cafe courtyard. The robin came extremely close to us.

Heading for the gate I noticed something I hadn't spotted on Monday - Actimidia Kolomikta - a vine with leaves that look as if they've been randomly dipped in paint.




Quickly past the tulips! (Ha ha! Obviously had to pause on the way!) 



Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. the tulips are fabulous, there are so many of them! (did you see Gardener's World yesterday? More glorious tulips) What a great trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I did see Gardener's World - fabulous! So many different shapes and colours!

      Delete