Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Tuesday 22 January 2019

More moon photos and local walking with my new neighbour.

This morning at 6.50am I popped out into the garden to photograph the moon in the very early stages of waning. I prefer to photograph the waning or waxing moon because the craters show up better on the edge which is in shadow (very skinny shadow on the right).

Through the silver birch tree. 


The moon at 7.47am as the sky is getting lighter. Soon after this it disappeared behind a low bank of cloud. 

My lovely new neighbour and I had a local walk together this morning. I'm not very familiar with the area yet and it's really good to have someone to walk with who knows the area well.

We probably walked over two miles along roads, little pathways, through Selsdon Recreation Ground and into the grounds of Selsdon Park Hotel. My friend is very observant and we were both noticing different things on our journey.

Several little family groups of deer sculptures (willow?) stood around in front of the Selsdon Park Hotel. The sculptor has caught the character and stance of deer very well.








I like the extra transparency of the young deer's ears.

My friend noticed these lovely large plump cones - I probably would have missed these - I was so busy admiring the deer sculptures underneath the tree. 



It's a very grand looking building - brilliant blue sky.

From a distance I thought these were shadows showing through a corrugated plastic hut.....I like the patterns the shapes and lines make.

We paused to look at the bee hives. 

Then a closer look at those "shadows" revealed a fence, several chairs and a table on top of another table with a chair on top of that. I still like the patterns they create as well as the contrasts of texture and colour.

More patterns - harmless graffitti on old windows panes surrounded by peeling rusty frames.



On the way back home my friend noticed a fragment of rainbow in the almost clear sky!

Beautiful! 

Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the willow deer, they are like the sculptures I loved so much a Kew a few years ago. Glad you are exploring your new surroundings, and making new friends to enjoy the area with.

    ReplyDelete