Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 18 January 2019

Catching up again!

Most of the time since we moved has been spent unpacking boxes, reorganising boxes and breakin gup boxes etc. It's been really lovely to take some little breaks even if it's only to go across the room to take a photo. Here's a selection from the last couple of weeks.

My Swiss cheese plant unfurled a new leaf. I really like the contrast between the tender new light green leaf against the more robust dark green older leaf.

We've had some fabulous skies among all the very grey skies!



Lovely view opposite the bus stop I was waiting at. (Gravel Hill)

We have only had one spectacular sunset since I've been here and I missed that one - but this subtle one wasn't bad!

And we had a wonderful sunrise the following morning.

I wasn't even sure this was a Parakeet it looked far too round - I had to zoom in with the camera for a closer look. It was very breezy that morning and the bird had fluffed it's feathers up so much. 

I went for a very enjoyable walk with my new next door neighbour - stopping to take a photo of some fluffy seeds.

Plenty of grey skies and cold drizzle. 

A misty moon. 

Another grey drizzly morning but the sky was clearing.


Another very enjoyable walk with my new neighbour. Coombe Wood. Beautiful sunshine and a hint of mistiness.

Hellebores - I saw three different colours during our walk - pale pink, white and deep red.Unfortunately something has been nibbling them!

Mahonias coming into flower - scented. 

Strong scent from these too. 

Magnolia buds against clear blue sky. 

Golden Rain Tree pods - don't they look amazing lit up by the sun.

The Liquid Amber tree still has some colourful leaves left on it.


 Snowdrops.

Deep red hellebores from underneath.

There's a water droplet on the top petal which is overhanging the edge.

Witch hazel.

White hellebores.

Papery hydrangea petals, not yet turned to skeletons. 

Winter honeysuckle - lovely scent.

Sunlight through the fluffy, crinkly grasses which shimmered as the breeze made them sway.

More snowdrops. There are supposed to be snowdrops in my new garden but I haven't seen any yet.  

We had a lovely chat with the gardener and he gave me the Golden Rain Tree seedling he had been saving for me for my new garden. 

My cousin kindly alerted me to an interesting moon this evening with an orange ring around it. 

This afternoon I watched a free video for textile artists (which I'm not but I do sometime do some textile work). It explained why it works so well to give yourself strict boundaries when creating artwork....it reminded me how much I loved the 365 drawing a day challenge that I did a couple of years ago (365 very small black and white drawings) and it made me want to set up a new project with similar strict limitations. Watch this space.

Thank you very much for joining me. 



2 comments:

  1. What a great post. Love all the varied skies as always. Glad you're settling in and hope the boxes are soon a thing of the past xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Me too re the boxes! I'm fed up with boxes now. Gradually getting there. X

      Delete