Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Short hot Tuesday morning walk (Coombe Wood)

I only had short walk this morning. It was very hot!

Lovely light shining through the plants around the pond.


I noticed the surprisingly large shadow of a bird before seeing the heron landing on a rock.

After a short look around ithe heron took off again and a just couple of gentle flaps with its huge wings took it to the other side of the pond.

Silk tree flowers. 

Flecks of gold (grass seeds)

More gold - the Golden Rain Tree still looking glorious!

I do love these! I hope I can get some to go in my new garden.

Now for some echinaceas and bees. 

and a couple of photos of a long legged spider 


Sunlight through echinacea middles. 


Happy bee foraging. 

Long proboscis searching for nectar. 

Palm and banana trees. 

Teasel -  fluffy seeds catching on the spiky stem. 

Tall grassy plants with dangling flowers and seeds which flicker in the slightest air movement.



Sunflower.

Echinaceas and bees again. 


Starry seed pods. 

Lovely little blue flowers with striking pink and white centres and zingy lemon anthers.

The grapes are growing fast. 

Two particularly bad photos next - my continued attempts to photograph dragonflies. A massive one was flitting back and forth in front of the rocks - that blurred thing on the far left.

And another - it's in the centre. I can see why people think they look like fairies - I think the bluriness on this one makes it look as if it has a pale blue dress on.

Masses of acorns on the acorn tree over the road in the overflow car park. I parked over there under the trees so my car wouldn't be quite so much like an oven for the journey home.

Thank you very much for joining me. 

1 comment:

  1. what amazing photos - love the echinaceas and the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete