Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Saturday 10 March 2018

A bonus Saturday afternoon walk. (Coombe Wood)

It was very much a last minute arrangement - this afternoon I had an unexpected and very enjoyable walk with a friend.

Dark rippling reflections on the pond. 

Tiny blue daisy-like flowers. 

 Mahonia - strongly scented. 

Crocuses.

Some of them were wide open, showing their orangy-yellow stigmas and stamens.



 Snowdrops and white crocuses. 

 We stood for a while and watched bees among a patch of crocuses

Rhododendron buds.

New shoots (Bleeding hearts).

Bare trees - fabulous silhouettes against the grey sky.

Big snowdrops between the dogwood stems.

Snowdrops and crocuses in an arc around the base of the big silver birch tree.

Tulips pushing up between the primulas. 

My friend thought these looked like asparagus tips  - I had been wondering what they reminded me of last time I saw them.

Euphorbia - crazy flowers! 

Shamrock confetti on the ground. 

Thank you very much for joining me.

2 comments: