Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Monday 18 December 2017

A little frost and blue sky (A Coombe Wood walk)

I needed lots of layers this morning! It was COLD!

Lovely clear reflections in the pond

large green bubble floating on the surface

making abstract patterns


 Soft grasses with touches of frost still on them


 Still some very bright red around

Leaves edged with frost

A few seeds remain in the honesty pods

Tiny dark star shaped seed pods which disintegrate if touched.

An azalea bush brightly lit by the sun.

Festooned with spiders webs - dying leaves lit up like stained glass - green buds showing.



Golden fern leaves

Pine needles against blue sky

Looking up through a hydrangea skeleton.

 New green shoots.

Colourful leaves.




Under a spindle-berry tree the ground is littered with fallen "flowers"

 Bird with ruffled feathers (I wish I was better at identifying birds!)

Assorted leaves with frosty edges.

The leaves may be dying and the berries shriveling up but when the sun shines on them they look amazing.

Blue sky reflection on the pond. Hard to tell which parts of the fallen stems are real and which parts are reflections.


Easier in this photo because the reflections are darker.

Tangled bulrushes leaning on each other. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 


6 comments:

  1. Love the reflections, and those green bubbles remind me of little green spaceships from Mars!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought that too about the green bubbles!

      Delete
  2. amazing green bubbles! the reflections are wonderful, but I think my favourite (after the bubbles) is the sun shining on the golden fern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ferns were looking extra gold! Without the sun they are quite dull now.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos as ever Angela, glimpses of the world seen with your artistic eye. I love the green bubbles too, make me think of Chihuli glass. The seed heads and stems as well as the bubbles make interesting abstract shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes - I see what you mean about Chihuly glass.

      Delete