Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Spring Harvest - Minehead 3rd - 8th April

The Spring Harvest website  says Spring Harvest "is a teaching and worship event for everybody. It's a unique break for all the family: holiday, festival, conference and an encounter with God."

I've just had a very enjoyable time there with some of my daughter, son in law and my grandchildren and wider family on my son-in-laws side. Here I will just tell you about two walks and show you one photo from the journey home. If you want to know anything about the festival/conference/encounter with God part of it do ask me.

Early morning walk on the beach with my 10 year old granddaughter. We were amused at our long skinny shadows

I know you don't really want to see my feet - but I feel I need to prove that I really was daft enough to paddle in the very cold sea. Not for very long I have to say! (My granddaughter wasn't as daft.)  

Wet sand glistening in the early morning light

Lovely light on the sea.

Sand patterns


My other walk was a long afternoon walk. I think it took me about 2 hours - I walked from our chalet at the far end of Butlins right round to the tip of the harbour and back.

On the way there is a large sculpture of hands holding a map open.

Information about various walks. The harbour tip is on the left and you can just about see the pointy tops of the Skyline at Butlins in the background on the right.





Looking back at where I had walked to and from when I was almost at the gate (still 10 - 15 minutes walk from our chalet) - the tip of the harbour is in the centre of the photo.

The tide goes out a long way.

My daughter spotted me staggering back from this walk. I had taken on a bit much but I enjoyed the sense of achievement - the after effects took quite a while to wear off though.

We came home on Sunday afternoon - passing Stonehenge so I had to take my traditional Stonehenge from a moving vehicle photo.

Thank you very much for joining me. 





4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very lovely walk Angela, and well worth the discomfort you felt afterwards. It's always so rewarding to explore new places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cath. I've been to Minehead before but have never done that walk before. It was great to make it right to the end of the harbour and I thoroughly enjoyed all the patterns along the way.

      Delete
  2. that really was a long walk! but well worth it for the resulting photos - love the huge sandy beach. not sure I'd have paddled though... or maybe I would! Beats the stones on Pagham beach, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - very nice and comfortable underfoot. Although I like pebbles too - but not for walking on!

      Delete