Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 22 June 2018

Cornwall continued - Thursday 7th

A layer of morning mist lying on the sea

Early morning walk - looking closer at some of the plants. Pink tinged clusters.

Red buds

Opening 

Such delicate tiny pink petals.

Looking at upturned boats and enjoying the weathered look.

A lovely bit of peeling paint. I love these colours! 


I paddled here on the slipway. It was roo rocky for me to balance to paddle on the beach!

Still a bit misty - so good to have time to sit and watch the waves crashing on the rocks.

A mixture of little pebbles, fragments of slate, andall sizes of boulders - some with fascinating patterens

and cracked, craggy rocks disappearing and appearing again as the tide washed in and out.

It felt amazing to be sitting on a low rock, at eye height to the advancing waves as they crashed on the rocks in front of me - not quite reaching the rock pool yet.

I'd been making, dyeing and filling some little containers as part of a project our art group is doing. I took a couple to the beach later in the day to photograph them. They've been crocheted with 4ply cotton yarn and dyed with crushed mud or seaweed (most far too rubbery but I found a small amount of softer seaweed) and grasses gathered from the immediate area.



Distracted by the turquoise colour in the waves. What a beautiful colour!

Some stripey rocks. 

Looking down at fishing huts and boats as I was going back up to our cottage.

Little containers on the window ledge

Rust dyed paper with painted canvas, rocks and containers on the deep (and very useful) window ledge.

Rust dyed paper, rocks and containers. 

I dyed some uncrocheted threads and tied them and some wet dyed containers onto the Juliet balcony railings to dry.

The fisherman had helpers. 


This is the view up the hill from our front door! 

The mist rolled back in......

....no sunset but from the coastguard's hut I thoroughly enjoyed spending time watching the ever changing colours of the sea.

We also saw a sealion with a massive fish. The sealion spun round fast with its head above the water -round and round ripping at the fish - pulling off a mouthful and then swimming down to retrieve the uneaten part before spinning again to tear off another mouthful.

Back at the cottage - assembling some of my artwork.....
A part of a drawing of the rocks (unfnished because I couldn't get back into anywhere near the position I was drawing in when I started it - because of my injured knee)
An acetate with words about things I had seen so far
Two painted pieces of canvas (and a tiny representation of a Barbara Hepworth sculpture above them)
Five lengths of 4ply cotton yarn dyed with natural materials ready for making into more containers. (I dyed some after they were crocheted and some before.)
Rust and tea dyed paper
A page printed with some little bits of rusty metal and a crochet container soaked with blue and yellow inktense pencil shavings.
A handmade single section book printed and painted with two acrylic colours - dark and light green - plus white.

Thank you very much for joiing me.
.... there's still a bit more to come.....


1 comment:

  1. it has been such a treat seeing your holiday spread over several posts, even though I am greedy for more at a time! the pleasure of waiting to see what comes next is worth it.

    ReplyDelete