Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Friday 8 March 2019

Short, Friday morning Coombe Wood walk.

A cluster of little daffodils 

The gardener was busy stringing up new supports where the hops will grow later on. 


There were quite a lot of bees busying themselves around the gardens.

I don't think I've seen this cat before. It gave me such a look!

The gardener has cut back all the grasses etc. in the prairie beds. 

The area doesn't look very big at the moment but when everything has grown up I can lose myself in there taking photos for ages.

The tree has been pruned quite drastically. I think it's a Paulownia tomentosa (Foxglove Tree). Previously the gardener told me that when it is pruned like this it produces bigger leaves but not so many flowers. There are others elsewhere in the gardens that are left unpruned.

Magnolia buds - colour showing. 

Crocuses. 

Daffodils 



Huge bumble bee squeezing into a crocus. 

Rummaging around.

The gardener has been splitting clumps of snowdrops as they have finished flowering and spreading them around.

More crocuses.

I find the middles fascinating. What a vibrant yellow - almost luminous.


Almost luminous? This one is glowing! 


I have a temporary blank about what this tree is! It has gorgeous showers of creamy bells



New shoots. 

Oh my goodness - the scent from this Daphne was amazing! I could smell it long before I could see it.


Daphne buds ready to unfold.

Anemones (windflowers)

Back to the little daffodils. 


Euphorbia - such contrast between the dark green leaves and the burst of zingy green "flowers"


Thank you very much for joining me. 

2 comments: