Arty journeys...

LITTLE ARTY JOURNEYS . . . LOOKING CLOSER, SEEING DEEPER.

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Spring walk Tuesday afternoon (Coombe Wood)

After a miserable grey morning it brightened up in the afternoon - very good timing as I was meeeting a friend at Coombe Wood.

The reflections on the pond were interrupted by filmy green swirls.

The gardener was just finishing for the day. He had been moving more mulch to the prairie beds.

Looking closer at Euphorbia "flowers". 

Wonderful blue.

Getting very close - delicate veins. 

This mossy stuff is tiny. I saw the pinkish tinge and got really close for a better look. It reminds me of something that wouldn't look at all out of place in a rock pool.

Miniscule seed pods - I only noticed these because I was perched on a rock waiting for my friend to arrive.

Glory of the snow.

Mulched prairie beds. 

We heard the robin quite a while before we saw it. 


My friend saw these first. I must have walked past them yesterday without noticing them. It's really good walking with friends - they often notice things I've missed.


Hellebores - camouflaged among all the fallen leaves. They showed up a lot better in the snow.

Some of the magnolia buds have opened since yesterday.

It's so easy to walk past these gorgeous tiny pink flowers without noticing them.

We made it up to the top. 

 Little bursts of red against the courtyard wall. 

Thank you very much for joining me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment